VTT Summer Internships 2019; Research Trainee, Development of sensor systems (6048)
Form of employment: Full time, Fixed term
Locations: Espoo, Finland
Job area: Sensing and integration
Application period: Monday, January 21, 2019 - Thursday, February 28, 2019
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious. www.vttresearch.com
Do you want to join Sensors and Circuits team? We are a multidisciplinary team with a wide expertise in various topics within measurement technology. In this position you will work with our leading experts in the wireless sensing technologies and IoT applications.
Your work relates to the development of electronics and various sensor technologies. The tasks are various, but they typically relate to implementing and testing demonstrator devices. The tasks may contain:
• development of sensor systems, for e.g. medical and industrial applications
• building of prototypes and measurements on them using laboratory equipment - therefore, experience on using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers and network analysers is needed
• embedded programming of IoT systems with e.g. Keil environment or C language, using e.g. nRF51/nRF52 microcontrollers
• simulations: system level, circuit level, electromagnetic…
• You are a Master student of Engineering physics or Electrical engineering and your main / minor subject relates to e.g. sensor physics, electronics, electromagnetics or embedded systems
• Former experience on electronics or e.g. embedded programming is favourable
• programming skills
• fluent English skills are required
• willing to learn continuously new things and to develop your knowledge independently
• You have capabilities to work both independently and as a team member
• You are also interested in manual skills that is practical laboratory and workshop activities
• You are skilled in reporting and disseminating your work, both literally and orally
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching. In this particular position, you will be adviced by a more senior researcher nominated as your instructor.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in Sensing and Integration research area together with VTT´s top experts.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
For more infromation please contact Juha Hassel, Principal Scientist, email@example.com, tel. +358407385043
VTT is participating as a responsible employer in The Responsible Summer Job 2019 campaign. As a responsible employer, we commit ourselves to the principles of responsible summer job. Please read more from https://kesaduuni.org/responsible-summer-job/.