VTT Summer Internships 2019: Research Trainee for automated vehicles (6043)
Form of employment: Full time, Fixed term
Locations: Tampere, Finland
Job area: Smart energy and transport solutions
Application period: Monday, January 21, 2019 - Thursday, February 28, 2019
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious. www.vttresearch.com
VTT has a solid background of more than 30 years in transport research. Automated Vehicles team of 12 people is developing and testing automated vehicles, both passenger cars and heavy work machineries. This research covers sensors, communication units, cloud computing, navigation software, machine vision etc. Our recent focus has been in developing sensor hardware and software for connected and automated driving functions.
You will be working as part of a team that develops real-time Linux software for connected and automated vehicle functions. The work is related to instrumenting and implementing environmental perception and decision-making modules for controlling self-driving cars and mobile machinery.
• signal processing of various range sensor data
• integrating functions to a development platform
• processing traffic-related data from various databases
• programming Linux software
• designing situational awareness and decision-making modules
• studies related to signal processing and programming with C/C++
• proactive attitude and willingness to work outdoors in real traffic environment
• driving license
• fluent English reporting skills
• Open-minded, innovative and a problem-solver
• Tolerate occasional time pressure
• Not afraid to try and even fail to use new technologies
• Agile and flexible team-player
We offer a vantage point in frontline of automated vehicle research, interesting and challenging tasks with the robot cars Martti, Marilyn, Pate, and possibilities to develop your own excellence. You contribute to development of future autonomous vehicles and transport robotics. You would be a member of the exceptionally innovative RobotCar crew.
For more information about the position, you can contact Jukka Laitinen, Team Leader (tel. +358 40 518 1098) or Matti Kutila, Senior Project Manager (tel. +358 40 820 8334).
VTT is participating as a responsible employer in The Responsible Summer Job 2019 campaign. As a responsible employer, we commit ourselves to the principles of responsible summer job. Please read more from https://kesaduuni.org/responsible-summer-job/.